Generating traffic is the second most important thing in blogging. Aside having a good content, you have to make people visit because if they don’t, your blog is only useful to yourself and you can’t even make money with it. Now the question is “how can you make people visit?” The answer sounds simple “Tell them to visit” but I tell you, there is a lot of work in telling a lot of people to visit your blog because you will have to convince them, The question is “where will you find them?” and “how will you tell them?” Generating traffic is not for the lazy, you have to do a lot of work and research how other people have been successful. There are two methods to which you can generate traffic; the long and the short term.
Short term: Short term is the fastest way to generate traffic though it fades off over time; it is still the fastest and also very important. You can use the following tips to generate fast traffic to your blog:
· Comment on top related blogs and talk about yours but you have to do it reasonably that it doesn’t look like spamming.
· Join social networks where you can meet people and talk to them about your blog. This method has really worked for me. You can write small and attractive articles and put your link to refer people to your blog.
· Write articles and summit your articles for publishing on article networks like www.ezinearticles.com, www.goarticles.com, www.qassia.com, and so on. These articles generate back links to your blog.
All these methods are short term, you have to work on the long term to make your traffic last forever.
· Use of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is very important, as more of your traffic comes from search engines, the more stable your traffic is so you have to know what make a site rank top on search engines. For instance Google uses the number of back links your site has as well as title-content relativity.
· Use feed burner to burn your RSS Feeds.
· Summit your sites to directories and search engine. This method takes a very long time to generate results but generates good results on the long run. The time varies in relation to the search engine. Google will begin crawling your site within two weeks of submission while Alexia will promise you in eight weeks.
These are just few out of a million things you can do so you just have to continue to research on traffic by reading other people’s blog and articles and use the tips they give you, over time u will be dazed at your results.